If you are planning to create natural skin care products at home, you will need some natural skin care recipes. As well you will need to know what each individual ingredient actually does to help your skin.
We are going to explore the benefits of some popular skin care ingredients so you can decide for yourself which ones you should be focusing on.
1. Aloe vera – Aloe vera helps promote surface hydration of the skin and is also notable for its anti-balding properties. Individuals who want to regulate their sebaceous glands will also benefit from aloe vera.
2. Apple juice – Apples contains lots of B-vitamins and antioxidants. Apple juice is considered an excellent mild cleanser, and it will not dry your skin.
3. Beeswax – Beeswax is used to lock in moisture. When combined with cleansers it ensures that some of the natural moisture of the concoction stays close to the surface of the skin.
4. Bentonite clay – Bentonite clay has long been hailed as one of the best natural cleansers. Bentonite clay can easily remove dirt and sebum build-up from your pores.
5. Caffeine – Caffeine has been noted for its ability to naturally tighten skin and improve the appearance of fine lines on the skin.
6. Marigold – Marigold is known for its anti-inflammation properties, which makes it an ideal ingredient for creams applied after prolonged sun exposure. Marigold is a restorative ingredient.
7. Camphor – Camphor has natural anti-bacterial properties, but is very potent and should not be used excessively in topical preparations. Commercial products are regulated so that camphor concentration is 11% or less.
8. Grape skin – Grape skin naturally contains resveratrol which naturally eliminates impurities on the skin, and also helps preserve the elasticity of your skin. Grape skin may be added to any home preparation.
9. Honey – Has natural antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Honey may be used as a natural emollient as well. If you don’t want chemicals to in the moisturizing process, go for fresh honey!
10. Jojoba oil – Jojoba oil is a moisturizing agent and also helps other ingredients in preparation to reach deeper into the skin tissue.
11. Kinetin – Kinetin is one of the few compounds in existence that has been tested often, and actually has notable anti-aging properties.
12. Lavender – A soothing addition to any natural skin care preparation, lavender also has a lovely natural fragrance that will perk up your creams and lotions.
13. Lemon juice – Lemon juice cleanses the skin and also removes impurities found deep in the skin tissue. If you want a natural astringent that works fast, go for lemon juice.
14. Milk – Milk can be added to home preparations because of its fat content, which naturally moisturizes the skin.
15. Olive oil – Functions like jojoba oil; it allows other ingredients to reach deeper into the skin for maximum effect.
16. Pomegranate – Pomegranate is a prime choice for homemade sunscreens. It has also been proven promising in terms of slowing down premature skin aging.
17. Sage – Has natural antimicrobial properties and can even be used orally (as a mouthwash only).